Friday, May 1, 2015

If only I could touch the hem of His garment


If only I could touch the hem of His garment

For many years I have sought to be healed.
Paid doctors’ fees and to the priests appealed
But alas all my efforts were in vain
And I did not think I’d get well again.

I’d love to touch the hem of His garment
It will only take the briefest moment.
With this crowd of people no-one would see
Just one touch would be enough to heal me.

The people were jostling around so much
so there, unnoticed I reached out to touch.
Then it happened. I felt the healing stream
enter me, fulfilling my wildest dream.

I had reached out in faith and touched the Lord
There was no need to speak or say a word
For even in the crowded street that day
Jesus had healed me when He passed my way

I praise My God and of His Glory sing
He’s my Saviour
and my Lord and King
True healing of body happened to me.
When I came to Jesus He set me free.

Jan Bagwell
God Bless

Matthew 9:20-22 20 And behold, a woman who had suffered from a discharge of blood for twelve years came up behind him and touched the fringe of his garment, 21 for she said to herself, “If I only touch his garment, I will be made well.” 22 Jesus turned, and seeing her he said, “Take heart, daughter; your faith has made you well.” And instantly[a] the woman was made well.