Monday, December 2, 2019

Dishes

Dishes
Dishes
They had a set of dishes
Given them when they wed ,
With luck and happiness and wishes
By loved ones ,who to them said
They wished they’d always be happy
As the moment when,”I will,”
Was said with so much rapture
That their hearts were standing still.
The dishes tell a lovely story
Of the lives they were to live _
How they shone in all their glory
When the very first forgive
Was whispered, and I love you truly ,
Which made things right again ,
For it was just as surely said ,
As sun comes after rain
Time as long since passed ,
Since they were first together ,
When he’d sit and ask her
If she loved him as no other –
And she was just content
With the answer in her heart ,
For she knew that it was meant
That they should never part ..
Although their lives had many scars
Like cracks upon the china ,
Their love outshone the mars ,
For it was only minor ,
If the one who’d done the wrong
Down in his heart had sorrow ,
For they never let the sun go down
Without a ,” Bright Tomorrow ,”
She’s an old lady now ,
And he is seventy-two ,
The cups and saucers wonder
What the other one will do ,
Until they both are able ,
To sit at God’s own perfect table ,
Be fed by His own hand
Jan Bagwell
God Bless !
I wrote this poem about twenty years ago , I had just lost my dad . My mother was morning herself to dealt . My family was at it lowest . I sat at my computer ,an begin praying for answers . This poem was the answer that was given to me . This help my mother get through it . My mother is 94 years old . A few years ago my brother died ,and again I cry out to My Lord . That when I start writing this blog . This has been God answer to me . It has been a blessing to me . So many times people email me or met me in person and has told me , that they were about to take their own life .And something I wrote change their minds . I guess what I trying to say is . That I pray before I write these poems ,or short stories not on my own but I believe God is giving them to me . He is saying to each and everyone of us ,I LOVE YOU and I know what you are going through .I am not a smart man or a great writer. I just love God with all my heart . If anyone need me just feel free to call on me . It another Christmas my mother died this year . Soon it will be my turn to meet my Jesus .
Posted by Jan Bagwellat 12:19 AM