Thursday, July 7, 2011

Just One Day

Just One Day
If I could live to God for just one day ,
One blessed day , from rosy dawn of light ,
Til purple twilight deepened into night ,
A day of faith unfaltering ,trust complete ,
Of love unfeigned and perfect charity ,
Of hope undimmed , of courage past dismay ,
Of heavenly peace , patient humility-
No hint of duty to constrain my feet ,
No dream of ease to lum to listlessness ,
With my heart no root of bitterness ,
No yielding to temptation’s subtle away ,
I think , in that one day would so expand
My soul to meet such holy , high demand
That never ,never more could hold me bound
This shriveling husk of self that wraps me round,
So might I henceforth live to God always
Jan Bagwell
God Bless
Regarding Brad
THEY DREW OVER A QUART OF FLUID OF HIS LEFT LUNG.... THURSDAY WILL BE HIS LAST RADIATION TREATMENT....FRIDAY HE WILL BE GOING FOR MRI AND X-RAYS....THEN HE WILL FIND OUT IF HE WILL HAVE TO UNDERGO CHEMO TREATMENTS FOR THE CANCER...THANKS FOR YOUR CONTINUED PRAYERS...BRAD IS NOT A QUITTER HE IS A FIGHTER AND GOD IS IN CONTROL...
When I was sitting in church last night and was hearing thousands of people standing up and praising God and thought what a blessed man I am .