Friday, July 23, 2010

The Anchor Holds

The Anchor Holds

Words and music by Lawrence Chewning and Ray Boltz

I have journeyed
Through the long, dark night
Out on the open sea
By faith alone
Sight unknown
And yet His eyes were watching me

CHORUS:
The anchor holds
Though the ship is battered
The anchor holds
Though the sails are torn
I have fallen on my knees
As I faced the raging seas
The anchor holds
In spite of the storm

Ive had visions
Ive had dreams
Ive even held them in my hand
But I never knew
They would slip right through
Like they were only grains of sand

CHORUS

I have been young
But I am older now
And there has been beauty
That these eyes have seen
But it was in the night
Through the storms of my life
Oh, thats where God proved
His love to me

This past week has not been a good one for me . First of the week a brother in Christ call me , and was having a heart attack and I prayed and the anchor holds and he got better . Tuesday , I went to the hospital to see a sister in Christ [ she has Cancer } , My heart felt broken again . As I left and I was praying , and the song came to me again . { The Anchor Holds }.Wednesday , I was coming home from church and my car broke down on Washington Ave .A Car load of young men where about to commit a robbery . The person they where going to commit this act on was me .Just when I though I was done far , the Lord send not one but two Greenville County Deputies . When they arrived , I looked at one the Deputies and told him, “ Thank God the Anchor holds “ . He look back and said “ Yes , Thank God the Anchor Holds” .And I know my writing is terrible tonight and I am very sick. And I am sorry if it hard to read . But I felt like my Lord was telling me , to tell all of you that no matter what happening in your life , to look up . Thank God the Anchor holds . And if you run across a policemen just thank him for the job he is doing.
God Bless ,
Jan Bagwell