Thursday, September 20, 2007

The Court Room

>After living what I felt was a "decent" life, my time on earth came to the
>end.
>
>
>The first thing I remember is sitting on a bench in the waiting
>room of what I thought to be a court house.
>
>The doors opened and I was instructed to come in and have a seat
>by the defense table.
>
>As I looked around I saw the "prosecutor."
>
>He was a villainous looking gent who snarled as he stared at me.
>
>He definitely was the most evil person I have ever seen.
>
>I sat down and looked to my left and there sat My Attorney,
>a kind and gentle looking man whose appearance seemed so familiar to
>me, I felt I knew Him.
>
>
>The corner door flew open and there appeared the Judge in full
>flowing robes.
>
>He commanded an awesome presence as He moved across the room I
>couldn't take my eyes off of Him.
>
>As He took His seat behind the bench, He said, "Let us begin."
>
>The prosecutor rose and said,
>
>"My name is Satan and I am here to show you why this woman
>belongs in hell."
>
>He proceeded to tell of lies that I told, things that I stole,
>and In the past when I cheated others Satan told of other horrible
>Perversions that were once in my life and the more he spoke, the
>further
>down in my seat I sank.
>
>I was so embarrassed that I couldn't look at anyone, even my own
>Attorney, as the Devil told of sins that even I had completely
>forgotten
>about.
>
>
>As upset as I was at Satan for telling all these things about
>me, I was equally upset at My Attorney who sat there silently not
>Offering any form of defense at all.
>
>
>I know I had been guilty of those things, but I had done some
>good in my life - couldn't that at least equal out part of the harm
>I'd
>done?
>
>
>Satan finished with a fury and said, "This woman belongs in hell,
>she is guilty of all that I have charged and there is not a person
>who
>can prove otherwise."
>
>
>When it was His turn, My Attorney first asked if He might
>approach the bench.
>
>The Judge allowed this over the strong objection of Satan,
>and beckoned Him to come forward.
>
>As He got up and started walking, I was able to see Him in
>His full splendor and majesty.
>
>I realized why He seemed so familiar; this was Jesus
>representing me, my Lord and my Savior.
>!
>He stopped at the bench and softly said to the Judge, "Hi,
>Dad," and then He turned to address the court.
>
>"Satan was correct in saying that this woman had sinned,
>I won't deny any of these allegations.
>
>And, yes, the wage of sin is death, and this woman deserves to be
>punished."
>
>Jesus took a deep breath and turned to His Father with
>outstretched arms and proclaimed, "However, I died on the cross so
>that
>this person might have eternal! l life and she has accepted Me as her
>Savior, so she is Mine."
>
>My Lord continued with, "Her name is written in the Book of Life,
>and no one can snatch her from Me.
>
>Satan still does not understand yet.
>This woman is not to be given justice, but rather mercy."
>
>As Jesus sat down,
>
>He quietly paused, looked at His Father and said,
>"There is nothing else that needs to be done."
>
>"I've done it all."
>
>The Judge lifted His mighty hand and slammed the gavel down.
>The following words bellowed from His lips..
>
>"This woman is free."
>
>The penalty for her has already been paid in full.
>
>"Case dismissed."
>
>As my Lord led me away, I could hear Satan ranting and raving,
>"I won't give up, I will win the next one." I asked Jesus as He gave
>me
>my instructions where to go next, "Have you ever lost a case?"
>
>Christ lovingly smiled and said,
>
>"Everyone that has come to Me and asked Me to represent them
>has received the same verdict as you,
>
>~Paid In Full~
>
>If you do not pass this along to 15 people immedia tely,
>absolutely nothing will happen.
>Passing this on to anyone you consider a friend,
>(as I have done here), will bless you both.
>
>"Stop telling God how big your storm is.
>Instead, tell the storm how big your God is!"


?