Thursday, July 23, 2020

A POEM FROM HEAVEN



A POEM FROM HEAVEN
I left this world, I left your side
It was time I went back home.
But I need you to know just a few little things,
I’m here!  You’re not alone.
I want you to know that I see your life–
I see the way you live.
I hear your voice and I hear your thoughts,
OH!  What I wouldn’t give

To have you know without a doubt
That I’m very much right here.
I’m proud, I’m honored, and love you so.
I did not disappear.
I know right now I am not seen
You may not feel me so,
But close your eyes and take a breath,
I want to help you know.
With eyes closed tight, mind at rest,
Another few deep breaths,
My love for you lives on and on
Can’t you feel it in your chest?
Right there inside your heart of hearts
Lies the memories that we made.
The good, the bad, the in-between;
So please don’t be afraid.
Please don’t cry, please don’t be sad
There’s no need to be scared.
For right inside your quiet mind
You’ll find everything we shared.
I can talk to you, I can send you signs
To show you I’m right here.
My voice is just a whisper now,
But, please trust that you can hear.
Just take a look around you,
See the beauty of this space,
‘Cause that is where you’ll find me too,
Heaven’s all around this place!
Heaven’s not up-it’s nowhere far.
It’s here and now, you see.
It’s you and me together,
Right where we’ll always be.
So I hope you find some comfort,
Some solace and some hope
That even though life has changed
You’re strong and you CAN cope.
And when you miss me oh so much
When you’re feeling all alone.
Just close your eyes and call my name,
And we’ll both feel right at home.
I love you more than you will know
I just want the best for you.
So stand up tall, head held high,
Find the joy in all you do.
When you smile and laugh and live your life,
As happy as can be,
I TOO feel joy, I TOO feel blessed,
I benefit too, you see.
So keep me close, keep me near
I’m here-not up above.
I’ll live life too, with you, THROUGH you,
So, fill your life with LOVE.