Saturday, October 26, 2019

The Prophecy

The Prophecy


As I closed my eyes that night,
I took a voyage through the sea.
He showed me worlds we've yet to know.
He showed me things still yet to be.

In spirit form, descending depths,
I traveled through the outer core,
where liquid iron and nickel flowed
and generations were no more.

Onward to the inner core,
without a doubt completely solid,
I sat upon majestic thrones of iron.

From the center of the earth,
I witnessed sights beknown to none,
as images of things to come flashed by me.

I viewed previous centuries,
held burning embers in my hand.
I saw fire and I saw ash
and inhumanity to man.

I saw the hungry and the meek,
I saw the poor and up ahead
I saw the crippled and the deaf,
I saw the blind and countless dead.

Ascending from the inner earth,
I slowly turned to see our fate,
and there I read the words of doom
inscribed upon a writing slate.

'It's far too late to change the course,
you've lived without a moral creed,
destruction is the price you'll pay'
and etched in stone the word was "greed."