Monday, October 15, 2018

Borrowed Words

Borrowed Words


I’m on my knees and humbly bow
But not a single word will come,
For life has crushed my dreams and now
I’m left with feeling cold and numb.

What can I do? I’ll offer praise,
So softly sing, “How Great Thou Art”.
Despite this dark and dreary haze,
A hope begins to fill my heart.

As words begin to slowly flow,
I find I’m singing “It Is Well”
And “Jesus Loves Me, This I Know”,
As joy within begins to swell.

Confessing how I’ve been so blind
While singing of “Amazing Grace”.
“Old Rugged Cross” then comes to mind
As tears begin to streak my face.

The more I praise his wondrous name
The more I feel his presence near;
My worries, fears, my guilt and shame,
Like vapors, start to disappear.

So when again I’m on my knees
And not a single word will come,
I yearn for words to praise him, please
Forgive me if I borrow some.