Tuesday, June 26, 2018

The Passing



The passing of one, a friend.
Deep sorrows come in the end.
We don’t understand why.
Just yesterday I said, “Hi”.

The Father though has all in His hand.
We but trust, though fail to understand.
My friend had children and a wife!
How shall they move on in the strife?

God’s love beyond all measure,
My comfort, this hidden treasure!
We but trust He’s in full control,
As through life we each take our stroll.

His Son on a cross He gave,
The flag of His love did wave!
His blood our pure covering
That takes away all stumbling.

The Father Himself knows our pain,
On these tragic days of rain.
My friend I shall see again.
In heaven around life’s bend.
James 1:12
Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.
See you on the other  side  
Carolyn  Boggs  Horn