Thursday, November 19, 2015

Existence,


Trudge along a long and winding road,
with silence for company, sullen and sunk;
staring into the distance,
  I ponder about this zombie like existence;
standing along the edge,
not able to give in or give up,
my mind is at war with itself,
and the road seems endlessly long;
as the shadows merge with the darkness of the night,
  I count the street lights one by one,
some broken, some lit,
but they all seem dull and faded;
too tired to walk,
gone too far to come back,
 I want to be happy,
but life is being a tough negotiator;
why is it always like this with me?
maybe i am cursed?
maybe i am the devil of my own doing?
or maybe my time has run out?
fragile and down again,
I am trying to hide the storm that is raging inside me,
trapped in this pitiful existence,
  I can only stare at this long road of life;
Jan Bagwell
God Bl;ess