Tuesday, September 23, 2014

MY CHOSEN COMPANION


MY CHOSEN COMPANION

On the highways that we travel –
In our span of life and time –
There are mountains we must conquer;
There are hills that we must climb;

And our choice – at every crossroad –
Must be made with special care,
Lest we choose the road to nowhere
That is always present there.

We must also choose, with prudence,
Who will walk with us each way;
Who will share with us our burdens
And the glories of each day,

For each dawn will bring new journeys
With an end we can’t foresee –
And our choice of a companion
Could decide our destiny.


I have chosen one of spirit
Who will walk with me each road –
Never leave me nor forsake me
To my struggles or my load –

And His love for me is proven
By two thousand years of time:
I will walk through life with Jesus
And will live by his design.                
Jan Bagwell
God Bless !