Wednesday, October 30, 2013

I Don't A regret a mile

I Don't Regret A Mile
 

I've dreamed many dreams that never came true.
I've seen them vanish at dawn.
But I've realized enough of my dreams, thank God,
To make me want to dream on.

I've prayed many prayers, when no answers came,
Though I waited patient and long,
But answers came to enough of my prayers
To make me keep praying on.

I've trusted many a friend that failed
And left me to weep alone,
But I've found enough of my friends true blue
To make me keep trusting on.

I've sown many seeds that fell by the way
For the birds to feed upon,
But I have held enough golden sheaves in my hands
To make me keep sowing on.

I've drained the cup of disappointment and pain
And gone many days without song,
But I've sipped enough nectar from the roses of life
To make me want to live on.

 

Heavenly harmony

With nimble fingers dashing across the keyboard
they created melody with every chord.
My soul was lifted to heaven as they began
their duet on the piano and church organ.

"Praise God," I cried hearing the melodious sound
bringing joy to us all as we gathered around.
Joining in with our voices we worshipped and praised
and to heavens' mighty throne our anthem we raised.

"Thank You Lord," for the many gifts you have given
and bestowed upon mere mortal men and women,
so that we can gather together in Your name
and with glorious harmony Your praise proclaim.

Earth was kissing heaven and heaven kissing earth
as we sang out our praise with such gusto and mirth.
We were in complete unity as we declared
our love to God in that time together we shared. 
Jan Bagwell 
God Bless !!
Sister Betty Lucille Sanders, 77, Easley, died 10-26-2013. 
She was a prayer Warrior , I am thankful ,I knew her and her family .