Monday, September 23, 2013

Get Washed And Come To The Table

Get Washed And Come To The Table

From those days of my childhood,
There are Memories I hold so dear.
Memories of gathering at the table
Always bring me thoughts of cheer.

We always ate our meals at home.
We never went out somewhere to eat.
At our great big dining room table,
Each of us had a special seat.

"Get washed and come to the table!"
My dear mother would always call.
That call was meant for each of us.
Yes, that call was meant for all.

Those childhood days are all gone,
But I heard Christ Jesus call,
"Get washed and come to the table!"
Yes, that call was meant for all.

Now my sins are all washed away.
Saved by Jesus' blood, I am!
Someday I will be gathered there
At the Marriage Supper of the Lamb.

The Bride of Christ is the Church.
She'll be spotless, clean, and white.
The Marriage Supper of the Lamb
Will be a glorious, wonderful sight. 
Jan Bagwell 
God Bless !

Feeling sorry for yourself and your present condition, 
is not only a waste of energy 
but the worst habit you could possibly have.