Friday, May 25, 2012

Where To Look


Where To Look

I don’t look back ; God knows the fruitless efforts ,
   The wasted hours the sinning , the regrets;
I leave them all with Him who blots the record ,
  And mercifully forgives and then forgets .

I don’t look forward  : God sees all the future ,
   The road that short or long will lead me home .
And He will face with me its every trail ,
   And bear for me the burdens that may come .

I don’t look round me; then would fears assail me
  So dark the tumult of earth’s restless seas .
So dark the world , so filled with woe and evil ,
  So vain the hope of comfort or of ease .

I don’t look in , for then am I most wretched ;
   Myself has naught on which to stay my trust ,
Nothing I see ,save failures and shortcomings .
   And weak endeavors crumbling into dust ,

But I look up-into the face of Jesus ,
  For there my heart can rest , my fears are stilled ;
And there is joy and love and light for darkness ,
  And perfect peace and every hope fulfilled .
Jan Bagwell
God Bless !