Thursday, May 24, 2012

I'm not looking for the sunset


I'm not looking for the sunset ,

As the swift years come and go ;

I am looking for the sunrise ,

And the golden morning glow ,

Where the light of Heaven’s glory

Will break forth upon my sight ,

In the land that knows no sunset ,

Nor the darkness of the night .

I'm not going down the pathway

Toward the setting of the sun ,

Where the shadows ever deepen

When the day at last is done ;

I am walking up the hillside

Where the sunshine lights the way ,

To the glory of the sunshine

Of God's ever-day .

I'm not going down , but upward ,

And the path is never dim ,

For the day grows even brighter

As I journey on with Him .

So my eyes are on the hilltops ,

Waiting for his invitation

To the Home beyond the sky .

Jan Bagwell
God Bless