Friday, October 21, 2011

This Too Will Pass Away

This Too Will Pass Away
If I can endure for this minute
Whatever is happening to me ,
No matter how heavy my heart is
Or how dark the moment may be ,
If I can remain calm and quiet
With all my world crashing about me ,
Secure in the knowledge God loves me
When everyone else seems to doubt me ,
If I can keep on believing
What I know in my heart to be true ,
That darkness will fade with the morning
And that this pass away , too
Then nothing in life can defeat me ,
For as long as this knowledge remains
I can suffer whatever is happening
For I know God will break all the chains
That are binding me tight in the darkness
And trying to fill me with fear ,
For there is no night without dawning
And I know that my morning is near .
Jan Bagwell
God Bless !
To reach the port of Heaven we must sail , sometimes with the wind
and sometimes against it – but we must sail , not drift or lie at anchor .