Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Long Monent

The Long Moment


Maybe this will help another person, I don't know.

I was taking a bath one day in September 1981. I found a lump
on my left breast. I went to the doctor and told him about the
lump. He sent me to another doctor.

I got x-rays and the surgeon decided that I needed to go into
the hospital for a biopsy.

While in surgery for the biopsy, my heart stopped. Needless to
say, when I came to, my breasts were black and blue.

When the doctor came to my room, he said, "we couldn't tell if
it was cancer, but we sent the tumor off to Nashville and we
will know tomorrow if you have cancer."

OK? The next day he came in and yes, I had cancer.
The next day, I had surgery again for the removal of the breast.

I was in the hospital for 12 days.
During seven of the 12 days, I would sit by the window and look
out at the stars, praying to God.

Please let me live long enough for me to get the four children
out on their own.

After the children were married and out on their own, I found
out my husband had lung cancer. My prayers changed to "help me
stay alive long enough to take care of my husband."

Time has passed, my husband has passed away. He's been gone
seven years. I am still here by the grace of God.

On September 13 it will be 22 years. So, cancer patients don't
give up praying because it does help. And men, just remember
you can get breast cancer too, my uncle passed away with it.

Thank you God, I am still alive.
I gave him my life to do as he saw fit, 21 years ago.

Original by Pat King~
Jan Bagwell
God Bless
Thank you Pat