Friday, May 6, 2011

When Mother Prayed

When Mother Prayed
I think that I shall never see ,
This side of God’s eternity ,
A scene as lovely as the one
Which met my gaze when day was done .
In childhood years of long ago :
My mother sings , tis sweet and low.
Her face with love is all aglow ,
She turns the pages of God’s Word ,
Her tender heart is deeply stirred .
She kneels , she prays ,Oh ,what a prayer!
I listen , lingering on the stair –
“God bless my boy “-I hear my name ,
And there , with in my heart , a flame
Begins to burn – ‘tis burning yet .
That hour I never shall forget !
My mother dear , at even kneels ,
And prays for me . This morn there steals
A ray of warmth into my heart ,
And now , like her , from cares apart ,
I pray . Her prayers still follow me –
A torch , and by its gleam I see
My home across the crystal sea
Jan Bagwell
God Bless !
Ms. Judy Howard has a special pray for her mother let all agree with her [ for her mother to be saved } Thank you , Father God for a praying mother. {Hazel Bagwell } . Thank you Lord for 2 of the greatest children in the world .