Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Land of Begining Again

The Land of Beginning Again
I wish for the Land of Beginning Again
Where I could start life all a new ;
Where confusion and strife
That filled this poor life
Could not dampen my way like dew ,
If I could forget how I’ve stumbled along ,
How I’ve fumbled and fathered and failed ,
How I’ve veered each day
From the service way ,
And from duties have halted and quailed ,
My ear has been dull to the call of the world
With its sorrows , and heartaches , and needs ;
So taken up with self
I’ve had for naught else ,
No time to cheer others with helpful deeds.
If I could make right all the wrongs-
Every unkind word spoken ,
Every good intention broken ,
It would turn all my signs into songs ,
Oh God , to that Land of Beginning Again
Let me come thru these penitent tears;
Let me start life a new ,
Let Thy rich grace endue
Me for service thru life’s golden years.
Jan Bagwell
God Bless
I know that the past is the past and God forgive all .
But gave me this for today .
So remember the prayer request , Lisa Henson , David , Hali, Scott, Elizabeth , Emily , Judy , Mike , Melvin , and Betty .