Monday, June 7, 2010

Around The Corner

Around The Corner

Around the corner I had a friend ,
In this great city , that has no end ,
Yet days go by and weeks rush on
And before I know it , a year has gone ,
And I never see my friend’s face ,
For life is a swift and terrible race ,
He knows I like him just as well
As in the days when I rang his bell ,
And he rang mine , we were younger then
And now we are busy , tired men ,
Tired of playing the foolish game .
Tired of trying to make a name .
“Tomorrow ,”I say, “I‘ll call Larry
Just to show him that I think of him .”
But tomorrow comes ,and tomorrow goes ,
And the distance between us grows and grows ,
Around the corner – yet miles away
“Here‘s a telegram ,sir .”Larry died today .
And that’s what we get and deserve in the end .
Around the corner , a vanished friend .
Jan Bagwell
Larry Bagwell was my brother and my best friend , he died a few years ago . We talked most every day . Please remember your best friend and call them today and say God Bless you and I miss you !