Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Reason For Life

Reason For Life
I don’t know how to it
but somehow it seems to me
That maybe we are stationed
where God wanted us to be ;
That the little place I’m filling
is the reason for my birth ,
And just to do the work I do
He put me on this earth .

If God had wanted otherwise ,
I reckon He’d have made
me just a little different ,
of a worse or better grade .
And since God knows and understands
all things of land and sea
I fancy that He placed me here
just where He wanted me .

Sometimes I get to thinking
as my labors I review
That I should like a higher place
with greater tasks to do .
But I come to the conclusion ,
when the envying is stilled
That the post to which God sent me
Is the post He wanted filled

So I plod along and struggle
in the hope when day is through
That I’m really necessary
to the things God wants to do .
and there isn’t any service
I can give which I should scorn
For it may be just the reason
God allowed me to be born .
Jan Bagwell