Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Refrigerator Door Treasures


So many pictures adorn my fridge's door,
There is hardly a space for anymore.
I plan to weed out a few someday,
But which one can I bear to throw away?

These treasures I really want to keep.
Gladness and joy to my heart they reap.
They are dear samples of my grandkids' art
That I cherish and hold close to my heart.

God gives grandparents grandkids to love
As He blesses our hearts from up above.
He knows grandparents receive much joy
From a loving grandchild, a girl or boy.

My fridge door has that cluttered look.
Maybe someday I can compile a book
Of all these treasures on this door,
But now I must find room for one more.

When I see these lovely pictures each day,
For each grandchild, I remember to pray.
I thank God for these children so dear,
For into my life they bring much cheer.