Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Therein Lies the Peace

Therein Lies the Peace


Just name it and claim it
But is that completely true?
Can I demand in Jesus' name?
Expecting God to follow through?

It is not God in question
For He is always there
I call on Him for everything
But I wonder of the prayer.

In these times of seeking
Overwhelmed by the need
I cry for the answer now
Dare I demand in my plead?

Oh, but God is so patient
When He answers each request
Tending to our heartache
For He surely knows what's best.

He knows the wickedness of my heart
Yet, His love will never cease
Trust in Him and wait, wait, wait
Therein lies the peace…
Philippians 4:7
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."