Thursday, July 26, 2018

A Glimpse of Heaven

A Glimpse of Heaven


God has given me….
A little glimpse of heaven 
Here upon this earth 
In a sun filled morning
In a newborn baby's birth.

In the droopy dandelions
In a wet slobbery kiss
Just the simple things
I'm glad I didn't miss.

In the good times and
In the not so good
Times a heart healed when
I didn't think it could.

The many I love yous
Whispered from tired lips
Even the apple pies
Adding pounds to my hips!

Having a hand to hold
Even after they have gone
A little glimpse of heaven
To keep me hanging on.

The day God rescued me
When I called His name
Forgiveness and freedom
From my sin and my shame.

To live this life over again
I wouldn't change a thing
For the wisdom I have gained
Is the blessing that it brings.

The glimpse that God gives
The hope in each new day
A little glimpse of heaven
To share along the way.