Monday, June 18, 2018

The Work He Did

The Work He Did


Long ago in joy He spoke,
the world began and daylight broke.
In splendor work from dust and moil,
we began from God's great toil.
The choice He gave to Adam - “Stay.”
Yet sin enticed, he walked away.
His heart now hurt and grief arose,
His Spirit pained, yet love He chose.
As births began, stain of sin spread far
And all were covered by thick black “tar”
As darkness spread throughout our land,
our lives became like desert sand.
And lost to Him, our death assured,
as Satan, sin, and world obscured
the truth of God, His love, His joy -
our darkened hearts the enemy’s toy.

But love is strong and cannot lose
The Son to earth, yes death to choose.
He bought us back from fire and wrath
while showing us a righteous path.
In victory He lived and died
and lives again as we decide
to choose His death in place of ours
which break the wicked barring powers.
And gives new life that cannot fade
of "diamonds", "gold" and precious "jade".
This King, this God with love so strong,
He broke through time to right the wrong.
He calls us back to Him in love
this gentle, humble heavenly dove.

Yet fierce against His enemy,
crushing death and sin for me.
By scourge of flesh and blood that flowed
and nail scarred hands that carried the load,
This Lamb of God with righteous blood
that spilled on me and opened the flood,
of truth and joy and life and love
and caused my mind to see above
His light, His love, His holiness
and gracious, awesome, gentleness.
He touched my life and brought me home
and sealed my heart to never roam.

Forever now with Him I am,
Yes, Jesus Christ my great I AM!
The King, the Prince, the Lord who won
and conquered all - His work now done.
He leaves with us this tale to tell
of love so strong it conquered hell.
For me, a worthless lump of clay (?!),
My hope for all - I bow and pray.
Job 38:6-7; Matthew 11:29; Luke 24:7; John 14:27