Friday, August 19, 2016

The Threads of My Life


The Threads of My Life

Lord, with needle and thread,
held in my aging hands
I see the pattern of my life
before You ~ as it stands.

I draw the thread of my youth,
and weave into my past
ever so thankful to You
that those days did not last.

I pull on the threads of faith,
and they come raveling apart
reminding me of the days
when You weren't in my heart.

I tug at the threads of doubt,
that were interlocked in my life
and see that they are woven
with the fibers of my strife.

I yank at the many stitches,
that were made for me to fit
into Your plans to keep me
from the bottomless, fiery pit.

Then suddenly I see,
silver threads coming though
reminding me of the days
when I started to trust in You.

There I can see the seam,
where we became as one
on that day I accepted You
as your Father's begotten Son.

Lord, I look at the threads of my life,
and I see how You put us together
how the fabric of my heart and soul
became to You ~ forever tethered.

And now I am working on,
those threads spun in eternal gold
so that one day I may rise with You
and all of Your glory I will behold!
Jan Bagwell
God  Bless
Proverbs 27:21
King James Version

"As the fining pot for silver, and the
furnace for gold; so is a man to his
praise."