Tuesday, May 6, 2014

With Mother on Her Knees, the Devil Flees


With Mother on Her Knees, the Devil Flees

Some demons were meeting to decide Marvin's fate.
"We have to act now; we cannot wait.
Young Marvin has sinned many times before.
We need to entice him to sin even more."

"If we keep him over on Satan's side,
Straight into Hell his soul will ride.
Yes, for Satan we can win his soul.
You know that's every demon's goal."

One demon screamed out in the meeting,
"I think we're about to take a beating!
I'm hearing something that we all hate,
So I think our meeting is a little late."

"I see Marvin's mother down on her knees,
Crying to God with desperate pleas.
She's praying, 'Please save my son tonight!
Don't let him get into a fatal fight.'"

  Marvin met up with Roger to go to a bar,
But they went to a different place by far.
"Marvin , my uncle from up north came down.
He's preaching a revival meeting in town."

"I promised my dad that I would go.
We can go to the bar later, though."
"Okay, Roger, I'll go to church with you.
We can hang out when church is through."

That night the Holy Spirit spoke to Marvin.
"You're going to Hell if you die in your sin."
  Marvin walked the aisle during altar call,
And upon his knees then Marvin did fall.

  Marvin asked Jesus to save his sinful soul
And yielded his life to God's control.
His mother's prayers were answered then,
And the demons lost and did not win.

Is there even one demon that dares
To try to defeat a mother's prayers?
When a Godly mother kneels down to pray,
The Devil just flees and goes away.
Jan Bagwell
God Bless 
This is a real life Story, Marvin and Bill Chavis , were two brothers I grew up with. {they lived two street over from me] . Bill and I were close friends. Their Mother was a Saintly woman . Every time she thought we were headed in the wrong direction , she would hold her right hand up to God and say " In name Jesus ,Devil , you won't have my children" ! { I wasn't even any relation to them . but I knew when that hand when up , we were not going any where . I came back to Easley , about 30 years later .God lead me back to same family , she was alone now . We sat and  talked about old times . She told me that day , she pray for years to see Jesus and she believed she had , and to see her family saved . { also told me she so proud that I was saved ] I said goodbye and went home , She died that night in her sleep .I was a pallbearer her at funeral. This Lady name was Mrs. Harmon Chavis ,Kathrine Street , Easley ,S.C. 
I was blessed that God put this lady in my life .Father God may we all have a Mrs. Chavis in our life .