Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Oh, The Things I've Seen


Oh, The Things I've Seen

I have seen morality fade,
the withering of man's ethics
I have seen Love's first bloom
be shattered, by the skeptics.

I have seen evil governments,
that are wicked and corrupt
I have seen terrorist bombs
on peaceful streets erupt.

I have seen earthy riches,
make the wealthiest go bust
I have seen the awful pain
due to hearts full of lust.

I have seen Satan destroy,
families with booze and dope
I have seen little children
give up all trust and hope.

I have seen the falling away,
of those who once believed
I have seen to their First Love
they no longer heed or cleave.

I have seen the fruit plummet,
far from the One True Vine
I have seen the Gospel truth
become dull and benign.

But, what I have not seen,
is for God to change His mind
His Word still gives sight . . .
to all those who are yet blind! 
Jan Bagwell 
God Bless !
And the glory of the LORD will be revealed, and all mankind together will see it. For the mouth of the LORD has spoken." 6 A voice says, "Cry out." And I said, "What shall I cry?" "All men are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field. 7 The grass withers and the flowers fall, because the breath of the LORD blows on them. Surely the people are grass. 8 The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever." 9 You who bring good tidings to Zion, go up on a high mountain. You who bring good tidings to Jerusalem, lift up your voice with a shout, lift it up, do not be afraid; say to the towns of Judah, "Here is your God!"