Tuesday, May 7, 2013

The Touch of The Nazarene


THE TOUCH OF THE NAZARENE

He washed my eyes with tears, that I might see
That precious blood He shed at Calvary
He touched my ears with love, that I might hear
His voice that speaks to me so soft and clear.
He gently touched my heart and holds it in His Hands,
And now I know that this was as He planned.
So I might learn of Him by sight and sound
As He took my sin and shame and gave His love profound.
Now his Spirit dwells deep within my soul
And His presence there keeps me well and whole.
He has given to me His resurrection power
So I can fly away home at any hour!
How could God love us so much that He gave his only Son
To die on that cruel Tree, so our salvation was truly won.
His love for us, and not those awful nails held Him there
He was God’s promise to the world - How much he cared!
Our Savior's touch has brought me joy and keeps my life serene
Since I have felt that Touch of the Nazarene.
You too can feel that touch, as I have done
And as you feel it you’ll know your Salvation’s truly won.
So let him wash your eyes, so you too can see
God’s Precious Son and live eternally.
You can hear His voice as He was your soul
And you will know He’ll keep you well and whole.
When He calls you home, to His mansions above
You’ll fly away home on wings of love.
You’ll walk that Glory Road of Gold and worship at His feet
When face to face The Nazarene you’ll meet.
So when He calls you home through time and space
And you meet your Savior face to face
What joy you’ll share and you are home at last
Safe with Jesus - freed from all your past. 

Jan Bagwell
God Bless