Thursday, February 25, 2010

Where To Look

Where To Look
I don’t look back :God knows the fruitless efforts,
The wasted hours , the sinning ,the regrets ;
I leave them all with Him who blots the record ,
And mercifully forgives and then forgets .

I don’t look forward : God sees all the future ,
The road that short or long will lead me home ,
And He will face with me its every trail ,
And bear for me the burdens that may come .

I don’t look round me ;then would fears assail me
So dark the tumult of earth’s restless seas .
So dark the world , so filled with woe and evil ,
So vain the hope of comfort or of ease .

I don’t look in , for then am I most wretched ;
Myself has naught on which to stay my trust ,
Nothing I see , save failures and shortcoming
And weak endeavors crumbling into dusk .

But I lookup – into the face of Jesus ,
For there my heart can rest , my fears are stilled ;
And there is joy and love and light for darkness
And perfect peace , and every hope fulfilled
Jan Bagwell
Please , when you get this , email me back .
So I know who is received it . Some have said they are not receiving it , that it was going to spam