Friday, July 3, 2009

THE CHRIST OF COMMON FOLKS

I love the name of Christ the Lord ,the man of Galilee ,
Because he came to live and toil among the likes
of me.
Let others sing the praises of a mighty King of kings;
I love the Christ of common folks , the lord of common things .

The beggars and the feeble ones ,the poor and sick and blind ,
The wayward and the tempted ones ,were those he loved to find ;
He lived with them to help them like a brother and a friend ,
Or like some wandering workman finding things to mend .

I know my Lord is still my kind of folks to this good day ;
I know because he never fails to hear me when I pray .
He loves the people that he finds in narrow dingy streets,
And brings a word of comfort to the weary one he meets .

My job is just a poor man’s job ,my home is just a shack ,
But on my humble residence he has never turned his back .
Let others sing their praises to a mighty King of kings ;
I love the Christ of common folks ,the Lord of common thing.
Jan Bagwell